Thursday, June 16, 2011

He's WALKING!!!

I know I'm SOOOO behind, sorry to all those who are trying to follow Oakley's story. I wish I could promise that I'm going to be better, but I don't want to disappoint!

Anyway... YES, HE'S WALKING and has been for the past month. I wonder how long he's been holding back! Ha ha! One day he took two steps from me to the couch, out of the blue. David and I looked at each other and then at Oakley. We asked him if he could do it again and he delivered. We were floored. We asked him to walk further and he did.

***Sorry, can't figure out how to load the clip***

It was like a new found freedom. After that he walked all over the house. It of course only lasted one night. In the past week he's just taken off with his walking. It's amazing! He's been blessed time and time again and we are so grateful for all of his progress!

He still has his ups and downs, definitely more up than down days now. When he's feeling great he loves walking everywhere he goes. He always does it with a HUGE grin on his face. We LOVE making a big deal out of his newest accomplishment. He insists on walking to and from the car and getting in and getting in and out all by himself.

He heads back to SL next week for more dilations and a day of chemo. (The beginning of a 5 day treatment. They like to give the first dose inpatient and then he can get the rest at home, it's not considered a "real" chemo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment